Not a 50/50 Marriage

The underlying key to successfully address conflict I think is the feeling you have towards your spouse when not discussing conflicts.  What is your relationship based on?  How do you feel about your spouse typically?  I think when you truly love someone you don't want to hurt them or be little them even in the midst of conflict.  When you can communicate your issue in a humble and teachable manner then the issue is solvable or at least workable and you can maintain the loving feelings for your spouse.  Obviously, sometimes we have quick reactions but as we learned from Elder Robins in "Agency and Anger," we can control our anger and our responses in these situations.  Elder Robins stated, "Unchecked, anger can quickly trigger an explosion of cruel words and other forms of emotional abuse that can scar a tender heart."  I really loved this quote and it was a great reminder.  I think my husband and I have a good handle on controlling our anger with each other but it is something that we need to improve upon with our children.  
A few ways in which my husband and I consecrate ourselves in marriage is by being a team in almost everything that we do.  When the garage needs to be cleaned out we both help.  When it's dinner time and we are both home, we both help make dinner.  When the kids need to be picked up or taken somewhere we both share those responsibilities.  When we had babies we shared the responsibilities as much as possible with feedings and changing diapers.  We are also both involved in our finances, we talk about our income and our expenses, and discuss our budget and plans for the future.  We help each other when the other is stressed or overwhelmed, every thing is not exactly 50/50 but it's a moving element depending on the situation.  It all comes down to give and take and what we can do to help and show each other that we love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I learned