Turn Toward Each Other

I recently read a paper about a husband who decided to turn toward his wife more abundantly.  In his experiment he learned that he felt more love for his wife and that in turn she learned to turn toward him more as well.  I loved this story because it reminded me so much of me and my husband.  He is a very good example to me and has been patient with me as I learn to turn toward hime more as well.

Growing up in a broken home showed me what I didn't want in a marriage but it was by faith that I was able to attain a happy marriage.  I had faith that Heavenly Father would teach me what I was to do in order to have a happy marriage.  My patriarchal blessing described my future marriage as always having an excitement and friendship in being together.  I knew that I was going to do whatever it took to help make that promise come to pass.  

This quote from Goddard helps remind me to rely on Him more and put my trust in His plan.  It states, "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ requires that we trust that God is working
to rescue our spouses even as He is working to rescue us. When we have energizing faith in Christ, we trust His progress with our partner. The more we trust God's purposes in perfecting our partners (and don't try to take over the job ourselves), the more we all progress."

I love the perspective Goddard put on having faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in regards to making a happy successful marriage.  Sometimes it seems to us that there is no hope but Heavenly Father can heal and bless couples even through the toughest trials.  Goddard also says, “Having faith does not make everything easy. Rather, faith makes life and its challenges both bearable and meaning-filled.”

I hope that I can continue to learn and grow in being more attuned to my husband and in turn teaching my children how to have happy marriages when it comes time for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I learned

Not a 50/50 Marriage