Be Faithful

Be Faithful
One of the things that stood out to me was just to be faithful.  I liked the idea that was shared that if your spouse knew what you were doing would they approve?  If your spouse was doing something that you were doing right then would you approve?  If you have to ask those two questions you probably should remove yourself from that situation.  Luckily my spouse and I have been very faithful our 23 years of marriage, but there was a time that a man paid me some attention, not in a sexual way but just as a friend and I didn't think anything of it at first but quickly realized I could not give him the impression that it was ok for us to have even a friendship, because I could see where it could go down the road.  There was also a time that a man from our ward was texting me, nothing inappropriate but it made me uncomfortable after a few texts that were innocent but he just kept texting me.  I told my husband about it and again they were innocent but I didn't leave any doubt with him that I thought it was good idea that he stopped texting me.  
I am blessed with a great husband who adores me even when I smell like a truck stop. He is always complimentary and shows me so much love.  I hope he feels that from me as well. I know that not every relationship is the same and sometimes we go through hard times and our spouse may not seem to understand but I am grateful for the Atonement that helps us overcome our weaknesses.  Kenneth W. Matheson shared in "Fidelity and Marriage that, "the Savior’s Atonement not only has the power to cleanse us but also to change and purify our hearts (see Mosiah 4:2 (Links to an external site.)5:2 (Links to an external site.)). As we seek heaven’s help, we can regain and maintain spiritual fidelity. God can give people the power to confess, connect, and change."
I hope that as we are spending more time with our spouses and families we can build our relationships to emulate the Savior's charity that he gives to us.  I hope we can be patient, forgiving and loving to our children and especially our spouses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I learned

Not a 50/50 Marriage